I can't believe James is already 6 weeks old!
- I had my 6 week postpartum check up today and all was well. My blood pressure was back to normal (118/73) and I won't head back to the office until my yearly GYN visit in October.
- Breast feeding is going well and I can finally say after 6 weeks that it doesn't hurt at all. It hasn't hurt bad for several weeks now but I was still gritting my teeth when he latched on. Now, 6 weeks later we are at 100% pain free breast feeding. Whew!
- My milk supply is much better. I'm taking a medication called domperidone and it has improved my supply. I'm still supplementing a few ounces a day but I'm hoping to get off the formula completely here soon. I still feel like I feed and pump 24/7.
- James now smiles and almost laughs at us. It's so fun to make him smile! I "get his nose" and he opens up and smiles so big - I love it!
- Last night James slept from 8pm to 2:30am! 6.5 hours big boy!
- My mom and Bobby came for a spur-of-the-moment visit over Memorial Day weekend. As always, it was amazing having them here.
- Austin and I are drinking protein shakes for lunch and eating healthy dinners at night. I've lost 7 pounds in about 2 weeks. Hoping this weight keeps falling off!
- I'm half way through maternity leave and dread the thought of leaving him. I know I'm only working 2 days a week but it's still going to be very hard. We will be playing the lottery every week until then.
- We are headed to SML this weekend and this will be James' first night away from home. I'm excited and a little nervous - I hope he is a good boy! Next weekend we head to Atlantic Beach for a wedding and James is coming too. Busy Busy!