Thursday, July 21, 2011

Last nights Dinner

I know it's been a while since you've seen any of these posts but yesterday while I was cooking I had a little extra time to snap a few pics.


I made these Baked Turkey and Cheese Chimichangas and they were delicious and so easy. The recipe is actually from weight watchers but I didn't follow it exactly so I'm not sure how healthy ours turned out to be. :/


What you will need:
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 16oz can fat-free refried beans
4.5oz canned green chili peppers, drained and diced
1 tsp chili powder (I used 2 tsp plus a big dash of taco seasoning)
3 tbsp scallions (I chopped up half a yellow onion- we are onion freaks remember)
1 3/4 cup salsa (I used mild Rotel because I'm obsessed)
1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese (recipe says monterey jack - I used cheddar because that's what I had)
8 large tortillas (I only used 6) WW says use wheat
fat free sour cream to top
tomato/salsa to top

  • Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9x13 dish with cooking spray - chimichangas will stick. 
  • Cook turkey in skillet and drain any excess, then add in beans, onions, chili power/taco seasoning, salsa, chili's and cook until heated through, then stir in cheese. 
  • While cooking all that together, place tortillas in tin foil, warm in oven for about 10 minutes.
  • Remove tortillas and fill with about 1/2 cup turkey mixture, fold ends and wrap up and lay in 9x13 dish.  
  • Place chimichangas in dish and bake covered until tortillas are crisp and brown, about 20 minutes.  
  • I put a little extra cheese on top the last 5 minutes, then topped with sour cream and tomatoes.  

For all you weight watchers peeps this recipe said these chimichangas are 6 points each. 










(...and yes, those are Barker tomatoes) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment