Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Chicken Florentine Lasagna

I got this recipe from my mother-in-law and it was sooo yummy. Again, super easy and delicious! I made it ahead of time so Aus could pop it in the oven while I was at work.

What you need:
2-3 cups chopped cooked chicken, I used 1.6 lbs chicken breasts but you can use thighs, chicken pieces etc.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 10oz pack frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used sharp)
1 6oz jar sliced mushrooms, drained
1/4 tsp (or more) pepper
1 8oz container sour cream
6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
1 cup parmesan cheese
3/4 cup pecan pieces (I'm not a fan so I skipped out on these)

In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, soup, spinach, cheese, mushrooms, pepper and sour cream - stir all together. After cooking and draining noodles, lay 3 noodles down in 9x13 or 11x7 dish. Layer half of mixture on top of noodles then repeat with 3 more noodles and second half of mixture. Sprinkle parmesan and pecan pieces (I put a little cheddar too) on top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes, then uncover and bake another 15 minutes or until bubbly. If you let it sit a while it will be easier to cut.  Makes about 6 servings.




HAHAHA this happened when I was defrosting the spinach. I guess I let it go a little too long :)








good little wife! :)

1 comment:

  1. hmm looks divine! I really wish those casserole dishes were in my fridge for me to pull out for dinner tonight :)

    ReplyDelete