Friday, August 12, 2011

Salsa Verde

So last week this guy I work with brought in the most amazing salsa verde I've ever put in my mouth. I can't even begin to describe how amazing this stuff was.  I asked him how he made it, and he told me, and I thought I did exactly what he said. He basically threw all these items in a food processor, let it set overnight and wah lah there you have it.  Welllll, not so much for me.  I did what he said, I swear I did, but it sure didn't turn out as good as his.  It was still delicious, don't get me wrong, but it was not the same.  After I made this I looked up salsa verde recipes and almost all of them have you boiling the tomatillos (green tomatoes) or roasting them before you chop/blend them up. Hmm. Maybe that was it. He sure didn't tell me that part! I actually ended up throwing in a few beef steak tomatoes last night just for fun. It is still super yummy and I'll be making it again, or something like it, when we go to the beach next week!

What you will need:
1.5 lbs Tomatillos, husked and washed
1 red onion
1 lime
1 bunch of cilantro (I used about a 1/4 of it)
4 cloves garlic (might be too much for some)
1 anaheim pepper
2 large red tomatoes
salt to taste


New favorite lately

No comments:

Post a Comment