Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Austin is 27!

Happy Birthday, Aus! We celebrated Austin's birthday several times over the weekend and each celebration involved FOOD!  Food, food and more food!  On his real birthday, January 14th, we got all dolled up and I took him on a little date to The Mint.  We started our dinner with escargot (a first for both of us) and martinis.  I had prosciutto crusted salmon and Aus had lamb chops.  We shared a side of triple truffle mac and cheese and boy was it delicious!  The atmosphere of the restaurant was so perfect and they had an awesome band playing upstairs in the bar area.  We left happy, full and ready to take on Aus' 27th year!  The next night, Saturday night, we went out with Abi, my mom and aunt for some Mexican.  Always a good choice in my book!!! Sunday, Aus' parents came down for a visit and we spent the day playing outside with Abi (and her new roller skates), catching up on the New Year and messing around the house. I took my mom to the airport around 4pm to catch her flight back to Chicago.  That evening we all went out to Ruth's Chris steakhouse for dinner.  Needless to say, it was AMAZNIG.  Most of us had a delicious hunk of beef; Cathy had crab cakes and Abi popcorn shrimp. We had a wonderful time out full of food and wonderful cocktails. I didn't take many pictures because I am still awaiting my new camera.  My birthday is this Saturday and I'm hoping a sweet man I know will buy me a new one!  





No comments:

Post a Comment