Wednesday, February 16, 2011

La Costa

Whoa! I have so much blogging to catch up on!  Last week Austin had to travel to San Diego (Carlsbad to be exact) for work so I decided I might just need to join him!  After he showed me pictures of the resort he was going to I booked my flight almost immediately.  Aus spent his days working hard in a ball room and I spent mine sleeping late, lounging by the pool and reading a few books. We had nice weather, mid 70's most days, but it was still too chilly to swim in the pool for long. 

The resort was dead all week.  Had 7 pools to myself! :)

Loved that California sunshine!
 My spot for a good 2-3 hours each day.




Yes, please!!!

Aus got off work at a reasonable hour most nights so we were able to head out on the town for some fabulous dining.  My favorite was definitely Casa de Bandini possibly the best Mexican food I've ever put in my mouth. It was so authentic and fresh; my mouth is watering just thinking about it. One night we headed downtown Carlsbad and a had a few drinks at the Ocean House then not loving the menu went else where for dinner.  We stumbled upon this small Italian place, Vigiluccis, a little piece of heaven right here on earth! Aus had some amazing Carbonara, and if you know us we are major Carbonara fan/critics.  Aus said this was some of the best he had ever had. I had a tomatoe/asparagus/mushroom/sausage penne dish in a white wine sauce that was awesome.

After dinner we headed to the beach so I could put my feet in the Pacific.  I don't know that I'll ever go back so I had to make sure my piggy’s touched the sand!  It was freeeeezing. I learned that the Pacific is much cooler than our Atlantic, even in the summer the water can be too chilly for swimming.
 I'm in the Pacific Ocean!!
On the beach
Proof!




No comments:

Post a Comment