Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Southern Plantation Dinner

This past Saturday we headed to Danville for a dinner party to celebrate Frannie and Kevin's engagement.  The party was out at her family farm house (same location as the wedding reception) and had a southern theme to the event. They started out with yummy appetizers and we hung around in the game room/bar with lots of family and friends.  The dinner was oh.my.gosh.amazing! Let me make your mouth water a little bit with this: homemade Brunswick stew (some of the best I've ever put in my mouth!) BBQ, fried chicken, green beans, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, corn bread casserole, black eyed peas, collard greens, and I know I'm forgetting something!! It was soooo good, some of my favorite foods and just about all of Austin's favorites. It was quite the spread! I either forgot to take a picture of it or opted against it for fear of being the 'weird girl' taking pictures in the buffet line. HA :)
Fran and her Bridesmaids (minus a few)

The Bride and Groom to be
Ready to get Married!
The Green's x 2
Katie and me
Fran with her pops
Yummy Cake
Aus and Charles playing pool

Thanks to Susan for coming up and puppy-sitting our new four legged friend! Now that we have Molly we have to seriously consider all the out of town events - this will take some getting used to because we usually keep the road hot! Have a happy Wednesday blogger friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment