Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just call me Betty!

Monday nights dinner: Baked Spaghetti, Greek Salad and Garlic Bread 
I forgot to take pictures! I will get better at this, I will get better! 

Baked Spaghetti 
(I looked at 3 different recipes and came up with this:)

1 green bell pepper 
1/2 yellow onion (about 1 cup)
1 lb. ground beef
16 oz mozzarella (I got a big block and grated it all up..way better than
the pre-grated kind)
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1 box angel hair
3 gloves garlic, minced 
1 tbsp oregano
1/2 tbsp minced onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp of italian seasoning
1/2 tbsp salt and pepper 
Sauté peppers and onions with a smidge of butter. Brown meat. Add peppers and onions to meat. Add sauces, tomatoes, garlic and all spices. Cook noodles and drain. Add cooked noodles to 9x13 and pour all sauce mixture on top and stir all together really well. Put cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is bubble and a little brown.
It was really good but next time I'm going to add 1/2 lb. of sausage to spice it up a bit.  Maybe a few sauteed mushrooms too.  Our salad was romaine lettuce, diced purple onions, diced tomatoes, tomato basil feta cheese, garlic croutons and greek dressing. 

Tuesday's Lunch (am I good or what? +1 with the hubs!) :) 

My Great Grandmothers Chicken Salad
1 lb. white chicken breasts, boiled and chopped
2 Golden Delicious Apples, peeled and chopped 
2 cups celery, chopped 
1/2- 1 cup Mayo
salt and pepper 

So easy and delicious. This recipe makes quite a bit - good for a week of chicken salad sandwiches! 
A happy husbands lunch! :)

Tuesday nights dinner: Turkey Florentine Meatballs, Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes and Deviled Eggs.



Turkey Florentine Meatballs
1 box frozen spinach, defrosted
1 1/3 lb ground turkey
1 large egg
1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
1/2 med onion, finely grated
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/4 cup milk
salt and pepper

Mix everything well and form into 12 large balls. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes on a cookie sheet. I served them with a little marinara sauce on top.  Make 24 balls for appetizer size balls if you wish. 

Deviled Eggs
Egg yolk with unknown amounts of mayo, mustard and sweet relish (just until it tastes right) plus ground mustard, salt, pepper and a bit of paprika to garnish. 

The Scalloped Potatoes were from a box by Betty and they were just okay.  I wouldn't make them again. I definitely recommend trying the meatballs for something healthy and different.  My mama gave me this recipe and it is definitely a keeper. I think next time I'm going to serve them over a little angel hair with a light sauce. YUMMM! 




3/4 cup breadcrumbs

No comments:

Post a Comment