Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Saturday fun at the Green house!

Saturday night Austin's parents came down to spend the night with us and take Abi to see Madagascar at the Durham Performing Arts Center. Since they all had such a good time Austin and I are now making plans to see a play this spring.  It is such a nice theater, and very special to us as it was where our Rehearsal Dinner took place the night before our wedding. We must take advantage of this very soon!


Abi before heading to the play


Later that night Austin and I cooked dinner.  We had steaks, rosemary and garlic red skin potatoes, salad and apple pie (and lots of wine)! I forgot to take pictures of most of the food, but I did get some shots of my delicious pie!  You should all try this one - much better than ordinary apple pie. 





I got so excited when the pie was finished I forgot to take a picture!  This is what we had after the four of us devoured it! 

Carmel Crunch Apple Pie
1 deep dish pie crust (I used the peel out pie crust by Pillsbury found where the biscuits and all are)
24 caramels
2 T water
4 cups apples, sliced and peeled (I used Honey Crisp)
3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/3 c. margarine
1/2 c. chopped walnuts

Melt caramels with water in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until smooth.  Spoon apples into crust.  Top with caramel sauce.  Mix flour, sugar and cinnamon.  Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over apples. Bake in 375 degree oven for 40 to 45 minuets or until apples are tender.
 Steaks before they went on the grill.  Austin makes THE best steak marinades!


No comments:

Post a Comment